• Withdrawal/refunds: if a written request to withdraw is received before the term begins, a refund less a 20% registration fee will be granted. Refunds will be made within 45 days of receipt of the written request; there are no refunds thereafter.
• We regret that guests are not permitted.
• Registration must be made online (not in-person or by phone).
• Tuition Forward Policy: If for personal reasons you are unable to complete the course after a few sessions (specifically, by the end of Week 3), you are entitled to a free retake of the whole course during the following term. Notice needs to be given to the Registration Team in writing no later than the end of the third week of the term in which you were enrolled and from which you are requesting the tuition be forwarded. This does not apply to the Introductory Course administrative fee.
• There is a prerequisite for all classes except the Introductory Course and a set progression from class to class, which includes not repeating classes that have been completed without permission. For a full list of these policies please see below.
• Reservation of Right: The School of Practical Philosophy reserves the right to mandate an immediate withdrawal of the registrant from attendance in any class for which the person is registered for any of the following reasons: 1) For behavior that is disruptive to the class and prevents the class from functioning properly, 2) For behavior that constitutes a danger to the safety of the registrant or others, or 3) For behavior or conduct that is not in the best interest of the School or the School community.
Introductory Course: If a student misses more than five (5) classes they may not continue to Philosophy 2. When a student completes a class (i.e., attended 5 or more classes) that student may not repeat that class.
Philosophy 2: If a student misses more than three (3) classes they may not continue to Philosophy 3. When a student completes a class (i.e., attended 7 or more classes) that student cannot may not repeat that class.
For Philosophy 3-5: Students who wish to enroll must have attended the prior Philosophy course within the prior year (or see below under “All Classes” for re-commencing studies). If a student misses more than three (3) classes they may not continue to the next class. When a student completes a class (i.e., attended 7 or more classes) that student may not repeat that class.
All Classes: Like most schools, this school has a prescribed sequence of study, which includes a progression from one class to the next in that sequence. If you were in the school in the past and would like to re-commence your studies, please write to the Registration Team and advise to what level you attended and, if remembered, who was your most recent tutor. Someone will then be in touch to review what is the appropriate class for your continuation.