We recommend using Zoom on a desktop or laptop computer, one that has a built-in webcam for video and a built-in microphone for audio. A mobile device like a phone or tablet, with a front-facing camera, will work but has different and more limited functionality. Using a headset or headphones often improves the quality of the audio.
- Prior to your first class you will receive a Zoom link.
- If you’ve never used Zoom before clicking on the link will download and install the
Zoom desktop-client (app).
- Just follow the prompts. No need to log in. Simply click “Join a Meeting”.
We recommend using the app. It’s easier and more reliable than using the Zoom web portal (zoom.us).
- Please test the link well in advance and save it to a safe place.
- If you encounter any difficulties feel free to send an email to
- Additional help for new starters on Zoom can be found here.